Saving & Investing — Lesson 404
Whats Up with the Stock Market?
Using a hypothetical $1000, students invest in stocks based on various investing criteria, and track their stock picks for the month. A second activity requires downloading the 'Oinkasaurus' phone app, which teaches kids about investing in the stock market.
What Students Learn
- What are stocks, and the stock market
- How to read the stock ticker
- Strategies for investing such as buy low sell high, and diversification
- Preview and Episode Viewing: 45 minutes
- Activity 1: 30 minutes in class then self-assessment over one month
- Activity 2: 20 minutes