Entrepreneurship — Lesson 513
All in the Family
Does your family talk marketing over meatloaf? Do you know someone who tracks revenue at the family reunion? Family-run businesses come in all shapes and sizes whether you’re a mom-and-pop shop or the Ford Motor Corporation. Learn how families work, grow, and fight their way to profits.
What Students Learn
- Learn about various communication strategies for running a family-based business, and dealing with family conflict.
- Identify how families keep business separate from personal, both in their roles and in their finances.
- Know the importance of succession planning including wills, trusts, and other options.
- Preview and Episode Viewing: 45 minutes
- Each Activity: 45-60 minutes