Saving & Investing — Lesson 204
Financial Institutions - All The Same?
Students create their own questions about stocks, bonds, and commodities. They then break into two teams and have a contest on who knows the most about financial institutions. With the second activity students partner up and use the newspaper to pick four stocks. They then track those stocks for a month to see if they increase or decrease in value.
What Students Learn
- What types of financial institutions are avaialble for keeping your money?
- What types of services do financial institutions provide?
- What is the FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) and the NCUA (National Credit Union Association)
- Preview and Episode Viewing: 45 minutes
- Activity 1: 30-45 minutes
- Activity 2: 30 minutes